Ask anyone who works to build brand identity online and he will tell you how mind boggling it can be, especially for people who are new to it. There are already thousands of blogs on ‘how to build a brand identity online’ but most of them are pretty vague and don’t tell exactly what to do. We hated that, and hence decided to create a super list of 100 things to do to build a brand name online.
These brand identity tips, ideas, and hacks are true for small businesses, professionals, and even established brand. Let’s not waste any more time, and get straight to offline and online brand building:
Brand building through Facebook
- Create official Facebook page and optimize it correctly for your industry and expertise.
- Share images, blogs, data, videos, and everything relevant at least 4 times a week.
- Post Facebook videos to engage with your audience and get valuable data from Facebook insights.
- Engage with your audience through comments. Focus on building relationships through personal interactions.
- Become part of Facebook groups and add value through quality content sharing.
- Tell your clients to review you on Facebook and build brand authority online.
- Explore the meme culture to connect with young audience and build brand identity online.
- Run paid ad campaigns focused on branding and promotion. A small amount wisely sent can make a big impact.
- Give unmatched support to your customers on Facebook by checking your messages regularly.
- Boost your posts every once in a while to get on top of your followers’ feed.
Check out our Facebook page optimization post for detailed insights and ideas.
Building brand identity with Twitter
- Join Twitter and optimize it for relevant business and branding terms. Must-do to build brand identity online.
- Tweet on regular intervals to keep your followers updated. Don’t create a Twitter account and forget about it.
- Monitor Twitter hashtags that are important to your industry, and engage in real time conversations.
- Participate in Twitter chats to establish credibility and build your brand name at a bigger level.
- Use Twitter for reaching out to influencers and explore marketing possibilities.
- Share valuable content that your audience will find helpful. It shouldn’t necessarily belong to you.
- Engage with others by retweeting, quoting or mentioning them.
- Participate in Twitter hashtags to grow your following.
- Reply to everyone who reaches out to you.
- Don’t use automated messages to reply to new followers. Remember, personalization is the key.
If you are a marketer on Twitter, stop doing these 6 things right now
Brand building on Instagram
- Make official Instagram profile and share amazing clicks and short videos.
- Show your audience behind the scenes shots. Share photos of your workplace, team, and work.
- Create Photo stories and share multiple photos so that the images in your feed flow together.
- Convert testimonials into images and share them on Insta. Or share clicks of clients with testimonial in the text body.
- Use hashtags to discover future customers and connect with them.
- Use Instagram for photography inspiration and learn new skills.
- Follow popular accounts of your industry to discover new ways to engage you’re your audience.
Are you an entrepreneur and looking for growth tips? Check out this post for growth wisdom.
Branding building online through other channels
- Create official Tumblr to post multimedia and visual content. The micro blogging site is highly relevant for creative field of work.
- Use Pinterest to create dedicated boards for different products or offerings. They also have ranking potential if optimized correctly.
- Share your blogs, images, and other brand media content on Pinterest.
- Join popular business social networking, Apsense and start building your network.
- Take your business to discovery engines like Stumbleupon if you cater to a global audience and want to build brand identity online.
- Join Flickr if you are into photography, artwork or work in any other creative line of work.
- Publish documents, Slides, and PPTs on popular channels like Slideshare and Slideboom
- Set a LinkedIn Business Page and Product Showcase Page to get visibility on the biggest professional network of the world.
- Create insightful podcasts to reach new audience and channelizing platforms like Soundcloud.
- Investing in visual media like infographics and explainer videos to introduce your brand.
Online brand building with blogging
- Create an official blog on your website to speak about your products and publish diverse content. Blog is the perfect branding building medium since it adds fresh content to your website and gives you customers something new to explore.
- Also setup a Medium blog for your official brand since it attains ranking quickly and score high in terms of engagement and sharing.
- Share your blogs and Medium posts with your followers on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and other social channels that allow sharing.
- Find the right balance of original thought and keyword focused posts to get maximum mileage from blogging and build brand identity online.
- Engage with readers through comments section to keep them coming back for more.
- Setup email newsletter to send your recent work directly to your customer’s inbox.
- Make the most of every blog post by sharing it vastly. Check out this blog post to generate more brand mileage from blog.
Build your brand with Youtube
- Create official Youtube channel for your business/brand and post high quality videos from time to time.
- Share your YouTube videos in relevant online communities and social platforms (created above) to build brand identity online
- Widen reach of your Youtube videos by sharing them on blogging platforms through integration.
- Post video testimonials from your satisfied customers/clients. They can be huge brand assets online.
- Use YouTube to announce new products and events. Don’t forget to optimize every blog for relevant search terms and brand name.
- Create a Brand Story video on YouTube and embed it on your website and distribute it in social media.
Online brand building with official website
- Get your professional business website and official email emails to make a strong impact on potential clients/customers.
- Optimize your website to rank high for relevant business queries on search engines like Google and Bing.
- Link your most important social channels with your website to build brand credibility and authority online.
- Share detailed case studies and ebooks on website to share your expertise and experience with potential clients.
- Add Team, Testimonials, and Contact Us pages to make an impression on website visitors.
- Build a website which works smoothly on mobile devices as well since that’s where the world is.
- Don’t be a penny pincher when it comes to critical branding elements like logo and website. Hire a professional for the job.
- Always keep improvements on your business website by making enhancements and adding new features.
- Build your website on a technology you can manage on your own. Our favourite is WordPress and similar CMS technologies. Learn more.
Advertising & promotion to create brand name
- Publish press releases to popular PR sites to get presence on News category of Google and build brand identity online.
- Invest small amount of money on branding every month on cost effective channels like Facebook
- Explore QA sites to talk about your business or services. Find relevant questions and mention your business without sounding promotional.
- Approach top media sites and blogs for guest blogging. Contribute top quality content to build your brand online.
- Invest in email marketing to connect with people through the most widely used medium on the internet by professionals.
- Invest in SEO to dominate top search results for brand related queries.
- Build your portfolio on sites like Dribbble and Behence if you work in design and technology.
Become a brand by talking more
- Talk to people on online communities and discussion forums. Introduce your brand and answer their questions.
- Comment on relevant blogs and publications to share your expertise. This might send business your way.
- Tell your friends to share your venture on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Reach out to industry influencers and build professional relationships with them.
- Find interview sites and blogs that publish success stories to take your brand name to new platforms.
- Reach out to your virtual friends to help you spread the word about your business.
- Mine your professional network (LinkedIn) to discover people that might be interested in what you have to offer.
Build local brand identity by going offline
- Use newspapers and local magazines as communication media to promote your brand.
- Paste creative posters related to your new product or special offer in the neighborhood.
- Put a board outside your store or shop to communicate with passers-by. The marketing and branding trick is widely used be restaurants to share witty quotes and offers.
- Use radio to talk about your product and brand to reach a wider audience at a really small time.
- Give away business brochures, cards or pamphlets with every product purchase to reach new people.
- Attend or participate in trade shows to get more exposure for your brand offline.
- Sponsor local events or give away prizes to winners. This will make them remember you for a really long time.
- List yourself in free local business directories to reach local audience that might be interest in your product or service.
- Connect with local influencers and enter brand partnerships.
Bonus points to create brand image online and offline
- Be awesome to your employees so that they become your brand ambassadors outside office or workplace as well.
- Leave no opportunity to talk about your business and how it is helping people and generating value for everyone.
- Create a nurturing work environment for your staff and talk about it online. It will not only help you become a brand but also attract top talent to your business.
- Get branded stationary so that your business gets more visibility.
- Collaborate with others to create value for local community
- Associate your brand with a non-profit or social cause to make a bigger impact.
- Print t-shirts with your company logo and gift to your team.
- Join relevant business discovery platforms (Foursquare for restaurants) to strengthen your online presence.
- Be extra careful while using business profiles. Big blunders happen when they are confused with personal ones.
- Become part of mega online stores to take your brand to a bigger online platform.
- Don’t go on an overdrive to join social networks. Join the ones you can manage.
- Always try to walk in your customer’s shoes. It will save you a lot of time and effort.
Online brand tracking and monitoring
- Track web with Google Alerts to see what people are speaking about your business. Very important to build brand identity online.
- Keep an eye on business review websites like Yelp to make sure that no one is spoiling your brand image with bad reviews.
- Google your business name and key people every once in a while to see if something embarrassing has emerged online.
- Handle negative reviews, defaming blogs and social testimonials with utmost care. Seek help from online reputation experts or just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get everything good you do out there to strengthen your online presence.
- And in the end, try to implement at least half of what we have said.
Phew, this was long.
Don’t forget to leave a comment if this blog taught you something that will help you build brand identity online and offline. In case you need help with digital marketing, SEO, social media, reputation management, or anything else for that matter, simply connect with us and we will sort everything.